Friday, July 2, 2010

Tool #8

Videos are great for the classroom! I used them last year as attention getters and reviews. I plan on using them again this next year.

How are videos useful for my students?

1. The students think it's fun to watch a video and not listen to the teacher.


2. The videos are easy to find.


3. The students go home and try to show them to their parents.


4. It's easier/less time consuming than creating a your own video or power point presentation from scratch.

Below are the two videos that I plan on using in my classroom next year:

The Rain Forest - This video would serve as a great preview for my students before they go learn about the rain forest. The video discusses the different locations and attributes of the rainforests. This video was found on youtube.








The Water Cycle - This video is a great visual of the water cycle. It uses the proper terminology and does a great job of illustrating the different stages. There is not a voice on this video. So the teacher would need to discuss it with the students as they watch it if it's going to be used for preview. Or the teacher could have the students watch it after a water cycle lesson and have them journal about the video.




1 comment:

  1. I am loving this video of the water cycle. You know that it is one of the topics that we cover in the semester of school and this will definitely be useful. I know who I will come to when I get stuck on anything that has to do with technology ;).

    ReplyDelete