Friday, July 2, 2010

Tool #7

Digital storytelling has been an interesting tool. It was fairly easy to make in the PhotoStory. The preview looked great. However, when I opened it to just play it, the writing would be blurry. I've also struggled with getting the video to download onto the blog. I can get the screen inserted on the blog post. However, it just keeps saying it's downloading and nothing changes. Anyone have ideas on how to fix these problems?


How will my students use digital stories in the classroom?

1. They can bring their creative writing to life. They can take their collaborative writings and make them into a movie. I think this would be great for writing presentations and our read-a-thon days.

2. They can take past concepts learned in the classroom and make a review video for the class. This would be a great station. Plus the videos they make would be a great review for the students and be a new resource for the teacher.

3. They can make videos about their holidays. It would be another way to get to know the students at the beginning of the year.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Laura Beth, I have had the same problem with uploading photostory. I think it would be fun fo my kids to us it for like catagoy books- abc, my show of farm animals. plants... they wouldneed help but I think it would be fun. espcially if I can get them to tell about their picts. if 1st and 2nd I would think it would be such a great writing tool. I think it would be very high interest /incentive ( I can not think of the word I am trying to say)

    ReplyDelete