Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tool #5

I chose to join Diigo as my social bookmarking site.

I used the following tags "literacy" "games" and "pre-made" for my first search. I found the following website: Word Game Boards Diigo. This site has game boards that are cute and ready to be printed on card stock. Each game has a different theme and there are blank playing cards to be made with the content of your choice. This site will allow me to make quick easy games for stations and volunteers.

The second website I found was: StoryCove Diigo. I used the tags "books" "lessons". This website you have to log into, but you don't have to pay a membership for it. This site has all different types of books for the students to watch. I found some great books for the students to watch that have life lessons in them. Some topics great topics were "bullying" and "work ethics".

I can see myself using social bookmarking in my classroom as an easy way to have my student access website during their computer time. Diigo can be pulled up and the students just have to click on the site I want them to work on. This would alleviate me having to spend a lot of time the day beforing going to the computer lab to save the new website on each computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment