Friday, July 2, 2010

Tool #6

The students could use the Wikis to work on team projects together (stories or research reports). This would allow all students in an assignment to have access to the document and work on it without always having to be near each other. This tool reminds me of the Google Documents.

I read on Teachers First - Elementary Ideas that teachers use Wikis to hold classroom discussions for their book clubs. I can see doing this every now and then, but I still want my students discussing their books in person with each other.

I also liked, on the same site, that teachers use the document to collaborate on lesson plans, grade level functions (field trips and birthdays), and keep records of their students data. This would, like Google Documents, help cut back on some of the time spent trying to get everyone together for meetings and still allow for separate inputs to be contributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment